财好沙嗲 Chai Ho Satay & Dried Pork @ Clementi Central

chai ho satay, clementi central, food, hawker, 沙嗲, 熟食中心, 财好沙嗲, 金文泰, food review,review

Chai Ho Satay & Dried Meat has been around for a long time. As its name implies, this stall sells Satay as well as Dried Meat (Bak Kwa).

The stall has probably been there even before I moved from Clementi 25 years ago.

Chai Ho Satay is a non-halal Satay stall. They have pork Satay aside from the usual mutton and chicken.

I have long wanted to try the Satay here but I was always there at a bad timing when they were still not opened for business. It wasn't until last week when I brought Mum to see a Sinseh nearby that we were finally able to catch it in business.

chai ho satay, clementi central, food, hawker, 沙嗲, 熟食中心, 财好沙嗲, 金文泰, food review,review,satay

Although there was already a short queue forming at the front of the stall, the waiting time is still acceptable as I can see the lady serving the customers as fast as she could.

I ordered ten sticks of pork and another ten sticks of chicken.

The meat is succulent and well-marinated with a tint of smoky flavor.

The peanut paste has a nutty fragrant and a thick consistency I like.

Other than the taste, what draws a perpetual queue to the stall is its affordability as each stick is just 38 cents (raw ones go for 32 cents)!

Chai Ho Satay sells the most affordable Satay I know. The ones I had elsewhere costs at least 60 cents and in my opinion, 60 cents for a sliver of meat is very expensive! 

That is the reason why I do not have Satay often and when I do, I do not order a lot. At Chai Ho, I could order 20 sticks (eat until shiok) and it would only set me back by $7.60!

My only gripe is that Chai Ho do not serve onions together with the cucumber. Also, the Satay would have been more hearty if the ketupat was served warm (I think it was just taken out from the fridge).

The Verdict?
My ratings: 3/5


CHAI HO SATAY & DRIED MEAT 财好沙嗲
Clementi Central Market & Hawker Centre
Blk 448 Clementi Ave 3
#01-10
Singapore 120448

Opening Hours: Wed - Sun: 3pm - 9pm 

Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/bhpVY
GPS Coordinates: 1.312988, 103.764064


Follow/Like
twitter: dead_cockroach
instagram: thedeadcockroach